Friday, May 20, 2011

Rule of Capture - again

Anyone who has read my posts on Texas groundwater law knows that I am NOT a fan of the Rule of Capture (ROC). I think the doctrine is foolish and ruinous for a state with a population that is expected to grow as rapidly as the population of Texas is expected to increase over the next 50 years. The following website on water rights in Texas offers papers both pro and con. I wrote/presented one of the papers arguing against the doctrine. I know some of the authors who think there is nothing wrong with the ROC, or who think that the doctrine requires only minor modification. I disagree, and I am willing to argue the matter with them, on this forum or any other forum.

Back to the previous post later today. I have been attending to a family matter in Louisiana.

aquadoc

No comments:

Post a Comment